AZOP Racing MOTORIZED VEHICLE POLICY
For Camping and Pit Area
The following motorized vehicle policy goes into effect IMMEDIATELY. Please read this in its entirety. Failure to comply with this new policy may result in racer disqualification and or you may be asked to leave the premises.
No person under the age of 18 will operate any motorized vehicle except their race vehicle
within the confines of an event with the following exceptions:
- Race Vehicle From camp to registration and back.
- Race Vehicle From camp to tech inspection and back.
- Race Vehicle From camp to the starting line and back.
- Race Vehicle From camp to camp for the purposes of receiving assistance with repairs.
Under no circumstances will a person under the age of 18 operate any other motorized vehicle, to include golf carts. The only exception is a street legal passenger vehicle operated by a licensed driver age 16 and up, not to include golf carts, entering or exiting the venue.
Any person under the age of 18 as the operator of their race vehicle or as a passenger in any golf cart, UTV, motorcycle, quad, pit bike, OHV or any other vehicle besides a licensed passenger vehicle must wear a helmet at all times. This includes going to and from Tech inspection. You will get a penalty or disqualified if caught not wearing a helmet.
If a person who is not a racer is caught not following all these rules, the person in their camp that is a racer will be assessed with the penalty.
In addition, any other non-motorized vehicle including bicycles, skateboards or any other similar
vehicles must follow any and all safety laws according to the state, county, city or town laws
where the event is held, to include helmets or other safety equipment.
FOLLOW THE RULES AND THERE WILL BE NO REASON TO BE UPSET!
- NO PLAY RIDING - IF YOU OR YOUR KIDS GET CAUGHT RIDING IN THE PITS AND CAMPING AREA YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED AND NO REFUNDS!
- Must wear helmet all times.
- Contained campfires in metal container only.
- Keep pets on a leash.
- No children on bicycles near the race course.
- No flying Drones without AZOP’s Permission.
- Please pick up all your TRASH and take it home with you.
- Read the Rules on our website before you race. www.azopracing.com
- T-shirts, hats and sweatshirts will be for sale at the AZOP registration trailer.
- Be respectful to registration and scoring personnel we will not tolerate yelling and rude behavior.
- Pit area on the course is 5 MPH - you can be penalized for speeding thru this area during the race.
- 5 MPH through Scoring Chute and in front of AZOP Trailer - you will be penalized for Speeding.
- Do NOT go in front of the scoring trailer to talk to personnel, if you have a question or problem with scoring you MUST go to the Registration table. Do NOT talk to scoring during the races.
- If you have a protest or questions with results our Referee Dan Rees will handle it.
- Do NOT go onto the race course - Must stay 25’ behind the course.
- There will be a 30 minute protest period after race results are posted no exceptions. You MUST Wait!
- We will have several sweep riders and watchers all over the course, so make sure you stay on the marked track or you will be disqualified for cutting the course.
- If there is a downed rider PLEASE make sure you stop to make sure they are ok and let the sweep rider or next check point know what mile marker they are at.
- Thanks for coming have a great time and have fun. We want everyone to be SAFE and enjoy the races.